Antero Planning for Drilling in Belmont County, Ohio
From article by Casey Junkins, Wheeling Intelligencer, March 11, 2013
Belmont County, OH – Many individual mineral owners are joining the village of Barnsville drilling agreement with Denver-based Antero Resources at a rate of $5,700 per acre and 20 percent of production royalties. Antero held a series of lease signing meetings throughout Barnesville in February and early March, during which Mayor Ron Bischof said the driller received a very positive response from most residents. The agreement the private mineral owners signed is the same one village leaders inked with Antero last year.
Barnsville is about 5 miles south of I-70 (US 40) and 30 miles west of Wheeling, WV.
Belmont County records show Antero already has more than 800 separate lease agreements there with intention to drill. The driller also has active operations in Noble and Monroe counties, reaching a depth of 8,132 feet at one Monroe County well, according to Ohio Department of Natural Resources records. This year, Antero plans to operate an average of 12 drilling rigs in the Marcellus and 2 rigs in the Utica. These 14 rigs will be supplemented by four shallow rigs that will drill the vertical section of some horizontal wells down to the point at which the wells will turn horizontally, about 6,000 feet under the ground.
>>>>>> ………. <<<<<<
Marcellus Shale Activities of Antero in Western PA and Northwestern WV
Antero has 301,000 net acres of leasehold located in northern West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania, all in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale Play. See the Antero web-site here. [Example drilling lease parameters in this region are $1500 per acre and 15% royalty for a 5 year lease.].
- Antero currently has 458 MMcf per day of gross operated production or 364 MMcfe per day net in the Marcellus Shale. The net daily production figure includes approximately 1,400 Bbls per day of NGLs and oil.
- Antero has drilled and completed 135 horizontal Marcellus Shale wells, 130 of which are online, and is in the process of drilling and completing 28 additional horizontal wells.
- Five recently completed wells in the rich gas area are shut-in, waiting on pipeline (expected March and June 2013).
- Operating 13 drilling rigs in West Virginia.
- Antero sold its gathering facilities in an area of dedication in Harrison County and southeastern Doddrige County, WV to Crestwood Midstream Partners in March 2012.
- Antero is constructing its own gathering facilities in the remainder of Doddridge County and in Ritchie County, WV to conGnect its wells to compression facilities and processing.
- Antero is currently processing approximately 130 MMcfd of rich gas production from the Marcellus Shale through MarkWest’s 200 MMcf per day Sherwood I Plant, which is fully operational.
- Markwest is constructing a second 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood II, which is also fully dedicated to Antero and is expected to go in-service in the second quarter of 2013.
See also the color graphics and maps in this 38 page ANTERO REPORT dated March 2013.